Featured post

THIS WEEK - FUN ON THE FLOOR

Image
I was selected to attend an event at the London Frame Studio
organised by Total Greek yoghurt and of course I dragged my
American guest along with me to share the experience.
We were happy/nervous pupils being taught how to Rumba, Salsa
and Tango by the pros - Dee Thresher celebrity fitness expert and
Jesús Reyes Ortiz Jr dance instructor from the US.


 O' yes, it was a PROPER work out whilst trying to not look like the odd ones out
...hard work! However, it was fun and very friendly, which helped us shake off
any embarrassment or pressure.

The class was rounded off nicely with a generous spread of tasty food,
refreshments and other great stuff courtesy of Total Greek yoghurt.
If you don't like the gym, this could be an alternative keep fit method for you.




Now I have the hunger for more Rumba dancing so 'Strictly Come' or 'Dancing with' -
here these happy feet come!

More Fun on the Floor

This time it was fun on the 6th floor, where I ate lunch at the London Ken…

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT GREY HAIRS

GREY hairs are due to stress and just hereditary, which will determine
when you'll get greys. Nope! That's what I used to think until I was
corrected  by my doctor. Greys are often linked to stress and ageing
but this is not always the case.

For the second time I spotted another grey hair in my eight year old
son's hair recently so it obviously wasn't due to old age and my son did
not seem like a stressed eight year old. Therefore, I spoke to my doctor
and was told the grey hair was due to lack of iron.

Yes, this can occur in adults too. I even 'googled' more info about this
and guess what, I found some adults and children get premature greys
due to a calcium as well as iron deficiency and away to prevent them is
to have food which contain iron such as beans, parsley, red grapes/juice,
cranberries, beef and nuts. Also, milk and eggs for calcium intake.

Too much of one things is never good in my opinion so excessive
consumption of the above is not suggested. Now, I tend to eat
and give my son a portion of vegetables every day with our meals
and have at least cheese or milk daily.

I now know in future not to be quick to presume grey hairs are
only due to stress or ageing. It's a comforting thought that when
I'm greying, it could mean just eat a better diet and take care of
myself rather than reaching for a bottle of hair dye, which hair
dye companies will not tell us for their own interest.

Sophia



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Week - Networking with designer labels

THIS WEEK: TIME FOR HOBBIES

THIS WEEK: ALL ABOUT THE ART